Personal Emergency Response System
Provides peace of mind and security for the homebound elderly and disabled persons by enabling them to easily summon help in the event of a physical, emotional or environmental emergency. To activate emergency help, they simply press a small, lightweight activator that is generally worn around the neck. Available under the Arkansas State Plan, private pay and other community resources.
1. Prescribed by physician.
2. Current Medicaid card.
3. Approved for service by Department of Human Services nurse.
4. Age 65 +
5. Have a working telephone line.
Private pay eligibility:
1. Age – no minimum or maximum
2. Individual is capable, both physically and mentally, of operating the unit.
3. Have a working telephone line.